[cryptography] Let's go back to the beginning on this

Ralph Holz holz at net.in.tum.de
Wed Sep 14 02:27:55 EDT 2011

Hi,

>> Yes, with the second operation offline and validating against the NSS
>> root store. I don't have a MS one at the moment, it would be interesting
>> (how do you extract that from Win? The EFF guys should know)
>
> You might look at https://www.eff.org/files/ssl-observatory-code-r1.tar_.bz2
> in the microsoft_CAs directory.

Yes, I found that, but it seemed to contain a snapshot of PEMs from the
time of the EFF crawl in 2010, so it might be outdated. I would like to
obtain a fresh copy. How did you go about it, did you compile it
manually or is there a software kind of way to extract it directly from
Windows, maybe polling MS?

Ralph

--
Dipl.-Inform. Ralph Holz