[Botan-announce] Botan 1.4.9

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Sun Nov 6 16:54:55 EST 2005

I've released Botan 1.4.9, which is primarily a feature release though with
some minor bug fixes here and there. The major focus is new algorithms: MARS,
SEED, Turing, and FORK-256 were all added. In addition, RC6 and Twofish are
significantly faster.

Support for PowerPC in general, and 64-bit PowerPC especially, is much better
in this release. In fact I would say this is the first release that is really
usable out of the box on 64-bit PowerPC systems (only tested on Linux so there
may still be minor issues with AIX, OS X, or BSD systems running on 64-bit
PowerPC). Besides that there were the usual minor things which are listed in
the changelog.

-Jack