[Botan-announce] Botan 1.6.3 / 1.7.1

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Mon Jul 23 12:44:54 EDT 2007

I've pushed out Botan 1.6.3 which (should) fix the build problems that
Visual Studio users were seeing in mem_pool.cpp. I've also fixed a
race condition in the algorithm object cache that could only be
triggered if algorithms were requested by names that could not be
fully dereferenced by deref_alias; an example of that is "HMAC(SHA-1)"
(since SHA-1 is an alias, and currently deref_alias doesn't handle
that inside the "HMAC()".

Users of Botan in multithreaded programs should ugprade as soon as is
reasonable.

I've also pushed Botan 1.7.1 which includes the cache fix, some small
optimizations, and some changes that will support further optimization
work later on (using assembly to do fast word loading and byte
swapping, mostly).

-Jack