[Botan-announce] Botan 1.8.4: Fix Miller-Rabin bug in 1.8.3

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Sun Jul 12 08:44:03 EDT 2009

Thomas Moschny pointed out that 1.8.3 was failing its test suite due
to a Miller-Rabin problem. This turned out to be related (of course)
one of the final changes I made before the 1.8.3 spin, which was not
caught because my final invocations of the test program were linking
against a copy of botan I had installed in /usr/local instead of the
current directory.

I've released 1.8.4 to fix the problem; you can also apply a small
patch against 1.8.3 to the same effect; it can be found here:
  http://botan.randombit.net/news/releases/1_8_4.html

Thanks,
  Jack