[Botan-announce] Botan 1.11.20
lloyd at randombit.net
Mon Sep 7 21:17:01 EDT 2015
September brings the 1.11.20 release with a number of changes:
* Exponent blinding and randomization of the point representation were
added to ECC point multiplications including to help protect against
side channel attacks.
* An ECDSA provider using OpenSSL has been added.
* The ordering of algorithm priorities has been reversed. Previously
255 was the lowest priority and 0 was the highest priority. Now it
is the reverse, with 0 being lowest priority and 255 being highest.
The default priority for the base algorithms is 100. This only
affects external providers or applications which directly set
* Fix zlib error when compressing an empty buffer. GH #265
* Make X509_Time string parsing and to_u32bit() more strict to avoid
integer overflows and other potentially dangerous misinterpretations.
GH #240, #243
* Build fixes for OS X (GH #241 #260) Clang (GH #232 #250), iOS (#266),
MVSC 2015 (GH #236 #249), and Solaris (#262)
More information about the botan-announce