[Botan-announce] Botan 2.4.0 released

Jack Lloyd jack at randombit.net
Mon Jan 8 11:17:07 EST 2018

Hi,

I'm happy to announce that Botan 2.4.0 is now available. Thanks go out
to the 20 contributors who sent patches in this release cycle.

https://botan.randombit.net/releases/Botan-2.4.0.tgz
https://botan.randombit.net/releases/Botan-2.4.0.tgz.asc
SHA-256 ed9464e2a5cfee4cd3d9bd7a8f80673b45c8a0718db2181a73f5465a606608a5

The news file has the full list of changes but most notably:

- Adds support for RSA-PSS signatures in X.509 objects
- Adds support for FFDHE negotiation in TLS
- GCM is 3-4x faster, both on systems with and without hardware support.
- X.509 certificate internals have been refactored, fixing several bugs.
- Much better support for certificates using international character sets.

Plus many smaller optimizations, bug fixes and new features. I would
especially recommend an upgrade if are using TLS, X.509, or GCM.

The next feature release will be 2.5.0, ETA early April.

Enjoy,
  Jack