[Botan-announce] Botan 2.9.0 released
jack at randombit.net
Fri Jan 4 11:42:41 EST 2019
I'm pleased to announce Botan 2.9.0 has been released. Notable changes include
- A low severity side channel affecting ECC key generation has been resolved.
An attacker who could precisely time key generation could derive information
about the high bits of the secret scalar. This would allow a faster brute
force attack. Thanks to Ján Jančár who found this issue using his ECTester
- Dozens of changes to improve side channel safety in the big integer, RSA and
- Optimizations for ECC, with up to 30% improvement in some situations.
- New NEON and AltiVec implementations of ChaCha, as well as optimizations for
the SSE2 and AVX2 ChaCha code.
- Fixed a pair of bugs in TLS server which could cause negotiation failures.
- Add support for recovering an ECDSA public key from a message/signature pair.
- Add support for base58 encoding/decoding.
- Add error_type and error_code functions to Exception for easier debugging
- As previously advertised, support for Visual C++ 2013 has been dropped in
Plus many smaller bug fixes and new features documented in the release notes at
More information about the botan-announce