[Botan-devel] Newbie to Botan --- please help

Jawwad Shamsi jshamsi at cs.wayne.edu
Tue Apr 12 13:09:54 EDT 2005

Hello -
I am a newbie and trying to compile and run  basic example from tutorial,
but getting compilation errors.
 I have a file test.cpp
// test.cpp
#include <botan/botan.h>
#include <botan/base.h>
int main{
     LibraryInitializer init;
     HashFunction * key = get_hash("SHA-1");
     return 0;
}
But I am getting following compilation errors
1 LibraryInitializer undeclared (first use this  function)
2. HashFunction undeclared (first use this function)
3  key undeclared (first use this function)
4 get_hash undeclared (first use this function)

I am using the following command to compile
g++ test.cpp -o test.
Thanks in   advance
Jawwad