[Botan-devel] Newbie to Botan --- please help

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Tue Apr 12 14:37:01 EDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 01:09:54PM -0400, Jawwad Shamsi wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I  am  a  newbie  and  trying to compile and run  basic example from
> tutorial, but getting compilation errors.

[...]
> But I am getting following compilation errors
>
> 1 LibraryInitializer undeclared (first use this  function)
>
> 2. HashFunction undeclared (first use this function)
>
> 3  key undeclared (first use this function)
>
> 4 get_hash undeclared (first use this function)

1, 2, and 4 are because all functions/classes in Botan are in the Botan
namespace. So you should either prefix Botan:: to those, or throw in a
using namespace Botan; after the includes.

3 is just fallout from 2, since you can't create an object of non-existant type
(which is what happens, since the compiler could not find HashFunction in the
global namespace).