[Botan-devel] Newbie to Botan --- please help

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Tue Apr 12 17:11:47 EDT 2005

Did you run 'make install' prior to running ldconfig? The linker will not find
the library if it is simply in the build directory, through you will be able to
get the examples to work without installing anything by running

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:../..
  [assuming a Bourne shell]

though in this case you will only be able to run them from the doc/examples
directory, the linker won't find them if you run them from
elsewhere. Alternatively, you could export a full path to the toplevel
directory of the Botan tree.

-Jack