[Botan-devel] Problem with Botan LibraryInitializer

Carlton Davis carlton at cs.mcgill.ca
Thu Dec 15 12:21:13 EST 2005

Hello,

I am using Botan in a routing protocol I plugged into a network
simulator. When I try to compile the program, I get this error
message: "multiple definitions of init". This is due to the line:
"LibraryInitializer init;" appearing more than once in the included
header file. I know that Jack mentioned in the Botan tutorial that
the use of global botan variables is a bad idea, but I can't think
of a way to avoid using the botan variables in the relevant header
files because of the way the simulator code is written. My
question is, is there a way to test if the Botan
library has been initialized in an included header file,
before doing the initialization (ie is it possible to do something
of the sort
#ifndef BOTANLIBRARYINITIALISER
   LibraryInitializer init;
#endif