[Botan-devel] Re: botan-devel Digest, Vol 13, Issue 10

Carlton Davis carlton at cs.mcgill.ca
Fri Dec 16 18:19:59 EST 2005

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Jack wrote:
> Hrm... you said you have checked that the initializer runs... are you
> certain
> that the shutdown function is not being called until the very end? I'm
> not
> seeing anything obvious here, so that's pretty much my best guess at
> this point.

Yes, I am certain that shutdown function doesn't get called
at all because the program crashes before
the Terminate() function (where I added the line
"Init::deinitialize()") is executed.

I think it is a scope issue. In the simulator code, the
initialization function (where I added the line
"Init::initialize()") which sets up the necessary C++ stuff,
runs and exits. This is follows by the execution of many other
C++ routines.

I have a function (generateKeys()) which generates RSA key
pairs. This function gets executed before the C++ initiator
function terminates. When I add the line "LibraryInitializer init"
in the header file for generateKeys(), the keys get generated
before the program crashes. However, when I comment out the
"LibraryInitializer init" line in the header file and add
"Init::initialize()" to the initiator function, the program crashes
before the keys are generated.

Any idea on why this occurs?

Thanks again and best regards,

-Carlton