[Botan-devel] Encrypt/Desencrypt the hash of SymmetricKey

Ruben Quintero Lores rubenql at iti.upv.es
Wed Jun 29 13:07:14 EDT 2005

Hi Jack:

I want to do a simple DH session key exchange securily.
Imagine I want comunicate two nodes A and B in a network both nodes have
a DH key pair (public and private)
Node A send the public key to B, B calculate the session symmetric key
and need send to A. BUT I need it session key travel is secure hashing
and encrypting it.

A can calculate the session symmetric key with public key of B and
calculate the session symmetric key and both must have the same value.

I need only hash and encrypt a DHSymmetricKey to send the encripted hash
through a comunication channel and whena node receive it the decrypt
this hash and obtain the original session symmetric key.

I hope I explain better now.

Thank you very much,

Rubén