[Botan-devel] types

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Thu Mar 24 20:26:24 EST 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 02:06:34PM -0800, wurzin wrote:

> I however realized libgm which is used by Botan is licenced by the LGPL
> which precludes it, and anything which uses it to be statically linked
> with a commercial product.

I'm a little confused. First, what is libgm? If you mean libgmp, that portion
of the code is completely optional, and secondly an LGPL license should be fine
for a commercial application. An LGPL license does not (AFAIK) 'infect'
anything it is linked to, and would not place any conditions on your own
code. Obviously I'm a coder, not an IP lawyer, but that was my understanding of
how the LGPL works...