[Botan-devel] Build error on MacOS X

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Mon May 23 12:12:58 EDT 2005


Interesting, I had heard Botan built clean on Tiger. Workaround is to pass
--dumb-gcc to configure.pl and rebuild. I'll see why this isn't working as soon
as I get access to a box running Tiger.

-Jack

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 10:02:06AM -0600, Chris Garrett wrote:
> I get:   
>     error: integer constant is too large for 'long' type
> 
> when building on MacOS X 10.4.1 / gcc 4.0.0
> 
> Here is  a portion of the build log:
> 
> c++ -Ibuild/include -O2 -finline-functions -mpowerpc -mcpu=740 
> -D_REENTRANT -ansi -Wno-long-long -W -Wall -fPIC -c src/der_enc.cpp -o 
> build/lib/der_enc.o
> c++ -Ibuild/include -O2 -finline-functions -mpowerpc -mcpu=740 
> -D_REENTRANT -ansi -Wno-long-long -W -Wall -fPIC -c src/des.cpp -o 
> build/lib/des.o
> c++ -Ibuild/include -O2 -finline-functions -mpowerpc -mcpu=740 
> -D_REENTRANT -ansi -Wno-long-long -W -Wall -fPIC -c src/des_tab.cpp -o 
> build/lib/des_tab.o
> src/des_tab.cpp:371: error: integer constant is too large for 'long' type
> src/des_tab.cpp:371: error: integer constant is too large for 'long' type
> src/des_tab.cpp:372: error: integer constant is too large for 'long' type
> src/des_tab.cpp:372: error: integer constant is too large for 'long' type
> 
> Thank you
> 
> Chris
> 
> _______________________________________________
> botan-devel mailing list
> botan-devel at randombit.net
> http://www.randombit.net/mailman/listinfo/botan-devel



More information about the botan-devel mailing list