[Botan-devel] Botan 1.4.7 VC7 probs... halp? :)

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Mon Oct 3 21:18:04 EDT 2005

Hi Rachel,

Apparently, this is what I get for not testing every release on every
compiler. That error is occuring on some code that is new to 1.4.7,
and it's simple code, but I must be hitting some interesting bug in
VC++ with it. I'll make sure to track this down and fix it for 1.4.8,
but in the meantime, you should be able to get this to work by editing
cast128.cpp and editing the function key_schedule (at the end of the
file), like so:

Remove the definition of the ByteReader class, as well as the declarations
"ByteReader x(X), z(Z);" Then add the lines

   #define x(num) get_byte(num%4, X[num/4])
   #define z(num) get_byte(num%4, Z[num/4])

where you removed the previous declarations of x and z. And that
should do the trick.

That error message is awfully strange - that function certainly
exists, and it doesn't look like a namespace issue. I wonder what is
going on with this...

-Jack