[Botan-devel] Botan 1.4.7 VC7 probs... halp? :)

Rachel Blackman seattlesparks at mac.com
Mon Oct 3 21:54:32 EDT 2005

> That error message is awfully strange - that function certainly
> exists, and it doesn't look like a namespace issue. I wonder what is
> going on with this...

I figured it was one of those 'VC7: Missing the Mark by Millimeters
Where ISO C++ Is Concerned'  (or 'VC7: Just Close Enough to the
Standard to Drive You Mad') type of issues.

What really bewildered me is that AES -- which has already compiled
fine by that point in the build process -- also calls the function, and
descends from BlockCipher.  I poked around in both while waiting for an
answer and -- at least on skimming -- I really can't see any namespace
or scope issues that would affect CAST_128 and not AES!