[Botan-devel] Quick Tutorial Question

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Wed Oct 5 14:11:13 EDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 11:00:27AM -0700, Rachel Blackman wrote:
> >Am I missing something obvious?  (Or something non-obvious that just
> >isn't in the tutorial or explicit in the docs?)
>
> ...or I could be missing an issue with VC7 doing some Funky Strange
> Stuff with include files.  Never mind; works fine now.

No problem. Thanks for letting me know, though - Botan has run into
various moderately (or extremely) obscure compiler bugs involving RTTI
and dynamic_cast before, and I was thinking that might be what the
problem was since I couldn't think of any other reason what you were
doing wouldn't work. A bug of that severity in such a common compiler
would mean I would have to figure out the bug well enough to work
around it, which is not a particularly enjoyable way to spend an
evening.

-J