[Botan-devel] Key generation for SEAL stream cipher

Carlton Davis carlton at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Oct 10 19:01:02 EDT 2005

I would like to use SEAL stream cipher in a secure MANET routing
protocol. Ideally, I would like to generate the symmetric keys for SEAL
using a pre-shared secret and a non-secret value (for example a packet's
sequence number); such that a pair of nodes which share a secret value
can generate the same encryption/decryption key using the shared secret
and a packet's sequence number. Does Botan provides this functionality?
If so what routines can I use to do this?

Thanks much and best regards,

-Carlton