[Botan-devel] threads - segmentation fault

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Sun Dec 17 09:43:24 EST 2006

On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 01:33:42PM -0000, Stanislav Kuhn wrote:

> We have threads created this way:
>
> Every time when we get connection, parent creates new request object that
> forks itself as a new thread. In one of the function of the request object
> is botan library inicializatin and crypting stuff.

This sounds like it could be the problem. The initialization code
should only be run once (for example in the primary thread inside
main); otherwise the various initializations will stomp on some shared
state and (among other things) deallocate memory, which seems like it
could be the problem here.

If you could send me a stripped down example that replicates the issue
(offlist would be fine), that would probably also help.