[Botan-devel] threads - segmentation fault

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Tue Dec 19 10:46:08 EST 2006

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 07:28:36PM -0000, Stanislav Kuhn wrote:

> Dec 18 19:06:10 sc2 incomingd: decrypt exception1 in
> Request::HandleData():[5944] St9exception

This is definitely an STL or runtime exception; any exception that
Botan throws directly is derived from Botan::Exception which puts
"Botan: " at the beginning of .what(), as well as actually attempting
to provide a reasonably useful message.

It's certainly possible this is being thrown from somewhere inside
Botan, but it's hard to say. Can you replicate this inside a debugger?
GDB (I believe) allows you to trap exception throws, which would let
you find where this exception originates.