[Botan-devel] Troubleshooting LibraryInitializer exception

Cory Whitesell robots at babtras.com
Mon Jun 26 18:17:09 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am using Botan for the ANSI-X9.19 MACing algorithm in a VC .NET 2003
project. The library compiles just file, but at runtime, a exception is
thrown when initializing the library. The exception is thrown here in
init.cpp during initialization.

if(!FIPS140::passes_self_tests())
     {
     deinitialize();
     throw Self_Test_Failure("FIPS-140 startup tests");
     }

I am not passing any parameters to the LibraryInitializer constructor.
How should I go about troubleshooting the cause of this problem? Botan
version is 1.4.12