[Botan-devel] Troubleshooting LibraryInitializer exception

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Mon Jun 26 18:29:44 EDT 2006

Did you build the self-tests (`make check`)? Those will also invoke
the self-tests when it starts up, so if it's a problem in the library,
the self-test run will fail immediately (commenting out the block you
quoted below and rebuilding will skip the basic startup self-test and
allow the full test set to run, which will hopefully narrow down the
problem to a specific algorithm).

Something to try that is quick and eliminates a lot of possibilities
is to rebuild the entire library with optimizations disabled. If the
tests pass then, things lean towards an optimizer bug.

Anything unusual about your hardware/software platform? Processor pack
for VS, alternate compiler, 64-bit, anything of that nature?

-Jack