[Botan-devel] Troubleshooting LibraryInitializer exception

Cory Whitesell robots at babtras.com
Mon Jun 26 18:56:08 EDT 2006

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the rapid response. The very first thing I tried was
commenting out that block. When I do so, another exception takes place
in the function MemoryRegion.deallocate. I assumed this was a result of
commenting out the self-test so I didn't mention it earlier.

An unhandled exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred
Additional information: Object reference not set to an instance of an
object.

All the optimizations that I can find are already turned off. My system
is pretty much an off-the-shelf Windows XP machine. 32-bit. Visual
Studio .NET 2003 Professional.

I may not have built the libraries correctly. I am not terribly familiar
with VC, as I usually use Borland. But I know Borland isn't likely to
compile Botan so I didn't try.
I'll try a rebuilding the libraries from the start again.