[Botan-devel] Botan 1.5.12 and VS2005

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Mon Nov 27 10:57:39 EST 2006

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 09:35:50PM +0100, Erik Loman wrote:

> The compiler doesn't complain if I compile Botan 1.5.12 in Release mode.
>
> After some heavy searching on the internet I found that there could to be a
> problem with the STL include files that got shipped with VS2005 RTM. Search
> with Google for _Debug_lt.
>
> Can someone please confirm this is a problem related to VS2005 or even
> better, provide a workaround so I can use 1.5.12 in my projects. I hope this
> problem gets fixed before 1.5.x gets declared stable.

Interesting. I'll check this out later today (sorry about not replying
sooner, was out of town visiting friends all weekend). I'm using
VS2005 express edition, which hopefully is close enough that I'll be
able to replicate this.

BTW, I'm not aware of anyone using Botan on 64-bit Windows. My x86-64
machine is currently Linux only, and will probably remain that way
until the Xen patched kernels resync with the mainline so I can
virtualize Windows while keeping the hardware support which is only
available in very recent releases.