[Botan-devel] building botan under windows

Eini newton2 at poczta.wp.pl
Mon Jun 25 01:39:33 EDT 2007

Hello

I have a problem with building Botan  under Visual C++ 2005  under
Widows XP and  2000. I have tried  procedure  described  in
building.pdf  supplied with Botan sourced but it doesn't work for me. On
different forums I found information that Botan builds with no problems.
Unfortunately I have tried to do this with Visual Studio 2005 Pro on
Windows XP and Visual C++ Express under Win2000.
For example with MSVC Pro 2005 I get:
c:\Botan-1.6.2>nmake

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.42

        cl /nologo /Ibuild\include /O2 /Ob2  /EHsc /GR /D_CONSOLE  /c
src\adler3
2.cpp /Fobuild\lib\adler32.obj
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\bin\cl.EXE"' : return code '0xc0000135'
Stop.

and with VC++ 2005 Express the  message is similar except that return
code is 0x080.

Maybe someone have identical or similar problem and can help me
providing some informations about build process.
Probably this is common question but I am stuck on this. Thank you in
advance.

Best regards
Bartosz