[Botan-devel] building botan under windows

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Mon Jun 25 10:12:01 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 07:39:33AM +0200, Eini wrote:

>        cl /nologo /Ibuild\include /O2 /Ob2  /EHsc /GR /D_CONSOLE  /c
> src\adler3
> 2.cpp /Fobuild\lib\adler32.obj
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\VC\bin\cl.EXE"' : return code '0xc0000135'
> Stop.
>
> and with VC++ 2005 Express the  message is similar except that return
> code is 0x080.

Within the same shell/environment, can you compile something trivial
like an empty main function? This looks like an environment problem of
some kind, a couple of threads I found about similar errors were due
to not finding the compiler or some support library. (Apparently nmake
is finding cl.exe, given that the full path is specified, but perhaps
CL itself is not picking up the C runtime or something else it
requires)