[Botan-devel] Building for MIPS

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Mon Oct 22 19:22:27 EDT 2007

Hi Meenal,

I haven't had access to a MIPS machine for a couple of years, but it
has worked in the past with both GCC and SGI's compilers. And Debian
regularly does builds on MIPS with GCC, including the most recent
stable release.

In terms of configuration, you'll want to specify exactly what you're
going for to configure.pl as

With the compiler and OS depending on whatever you're using as a cross
compiler and whatever OS the simulator is presenting (or use 'generic'
if it's something weird or that doesn't provide any interesting
services to applications).

If you don't know what MIPS variants your simulator supports, use
'mips32' which will try for pretty generic code.

I'd strongly recommend running the test application to make sure
nothing was miscompiled.

-Jack

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 11:09:49PM -0000, Meenal Verma wrote:

> Hi All,Is there any way to build the library for MIPS, I want to use
  it on a simulator that takes only MIPS binaries. If you are aware of
  any other MIPS compliant crypto libraries, that would be great
  helpThanks in advanceMeenal