[Botan-devel] Building for MIPS

Meenal Verma mailtomeenal at rediffmail.com
Mon Oct 22 19:38:35 EDT 2007

Hi,I tried building with the MIPS cross compiler that I have (mipseb-linux), it says, compiler isnt known, so cant we use our own cross compiler? This is the cross compiler that I need to use to get the binary working on the simulator?ThanksOn Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:22:27 -0400 Botan development list  wrote  Hi Meenal,    I haven\'t had access to a MIPS machine for a couple of years, but it  has worked in the past with both GCC and SGI\'s compilers. And Debian  regularly does builds on MIPS with GCC, including the most recent  stable release.    In terms of configuration, you\'ll want to specify exactly what you\'re  going for to configure.pl as      ./configure.pl --    With the compiler and OS depending on whatever you\'re using as a cross  compiler and whatever OS the simulator is presenting (or use \'generic\'  if it\'s something weird or that doesn\'t provide any interesting  services to applications).    If you don\'t know what MIPS variants your simulator supports, use  \'mips32\' which will try for pretty generic code.    I\'d strongly recommend running the test application to make sure  nothing was miscompiled.    -Jack    On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 11:09:49PM -0000, Meenal Verma wrote:    > Hi All,Is there any way to build the library for MIPS, I want to use    it on a simulator that takes only MIPS binaries. If you are aware of    any other MIPS compliant crypto libraries, that would be great    helpThanks in advanceMeenal    > _______________________________________________  > botan-devel mailing list  > botan-devel at randombit.net  > http://www.randombit.net/mailman/listinfo/botan-devel    _______________________________________________  botan-devel mailing list  botan-devel at randombit.net  http://www.randombit.net/mailman/listinfo/botan-devel