[Botan-devel] Building for MIPS

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Mon Oct 22 21:54:35 EDT 2007

What compiler and are you using, and what version is it? Does the
file

--CUT--
#include <string>
#include <iostream>
#include <vector>

int main()
   {
   std::vector<std::string> v;
   std::cout << "Hello World\n";
   return 0;
   }

--END CUT--

compile using your cross compiler? It looks like your compiler is
missing or cannot find <string>, which provides the ISO C++ string
type. It's possible your compiler is either fairly old (5+ years) or
is intentionally stripped down, which means features of the language
which Botan uses may not be there.

Also can you please configure your mailer to not send HTML? It is
stripped by Mailman and the results are difficult to read, especially
command output.

-Jack

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 12:58:50AM -0000, Meenal Verma wrote:

> Hi,I changed the compiler to reflect the path of my cross compiler,
  but it gives errors that never endHere is a small snippetIn file
  included from
  build/include/botan/base.h:9,
  from
  build/include/botan/adler32.h:9,
  from src/adler32.cpp:6:build/include/botan/exceptn.h:10:21:
  exception: No such file or
  directorybuild/include/botan/exceptn.h:11:18: string: No such file
  or directoryIn file included from
  build/include/botan/base.h:9,
  from
  build/include/botan/adler32.h:9,
  from src/adler32.cpp:6:build/include/botan/exceptn.h:19:
  `exception\' is not a class or
  namespacebuild/include/botan/exceptn.h:22: parse error before
  `&\' tokenbuild/include/botan/exceptn.h: In member function
  `const char*   Botan::Exception::what()
  const\':build/include/botan/exceptn.h:21: `msg\' undeclared (first
  use this function)build/include/botan/exceptn.h:21: (Each undeclared
  identifier is reported only   once for each function it
  appears in.)build/include/botan/exceptn.h: At global
  scope:build/include/botan/exceptn.h:23: warning: `virtual\' is not
  at beginning of
  declarationbuild/include/botan/exceptn.h:23: warning: ISO C++
  forbids defining types   within return
  typebuild/include/botan/exceptn.h:23: destructors must be member
  functionsbuild/include/botan/exceptn.h:23: return type specification
  for destructor   invalidThe list never ends, any
  pointers?ThanksMeenalOn Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:35:29 -0400 Botan
  development list wrote On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 11:38:35PM -0000,
  Meenal Verma wrote: > Hi,I tried building with the MIPS cross
  compiler that I have > (mipseb-linux), it says, compiler isnt
  known, so cant we use our own > cross compiler? This is the cross
  compiler that I need to use to get > the binary working on the
  simulator?  Can you post the exact commands and output you are
  seeing? Probably all you need to get a build is: ./configure.pl
  gcc-linux-mips32 CXX= make -Jack
  list botan-devel at randombit.net