[Botan-devel] Botan C++ vs TPLockBox

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Sun Sep 16 11:16:28 EDT 2007

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 02:29:27PM +0600, atlantida wrote:
> Hi, I do remake of a program that uses TPLockBox library.
> It writen in Delphi and uses following code for initialization
> TPLockBox:
>   gAes.GenerateKey(gServerKey);		//here I think gAes will use only first
> 32 bytes

> 	for (int i = 0, k = 4; i < 32; i++,k++) key[i] = k;

I don't know Delphi or the TPLockBox library, but It would guess that
gAes.GenerateKey() call in the Delphi code would generate a random or
psuedo-random key, rather than a key of 00010203... - the two sides
have to agree upon a single value for the key for a symmetric
algorithm like AES to work properly.