[Botan-devel] Comments on use of std::stringstreams?

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Thu Apr 10 23:03:38 EDT 2008

Currently Botan does a bunch of string<->int type of conversions by
hand, as stringstreams was a portability problem (around 2001, gcc
2.95.2 and I think some others were missing it).

Does anyone see a problem with using <sstream> where useful? For
portability or otherwise? As far as I can tell it is included in every
modern (released last 5 years) compiler, so thus safe, but I wanted to
see if perhaps something weird out there was still missing it.