[Botan-devel] Re: Botan DLL

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Sun Apr 13 14:28:51 EDT 2008

[cc'ing botan-devel]

I just committed (and synced to the public server on randombit.net)
something for the BOTAN_DLL settings that will work everywhere (more
or less), but I'm not really sure what to do about the runtime thing.

Would it be simpler to do this if there were 4 distinct builds?
static shared static-debug shared-debug? (And then be able to provide
compiler options, etc for any of them). Certainly -fPIC has costs on
x86 (and to some extent elsewhere), and currently the static lib is
built from -fPIC objects if you make a shared/static combined build.
It would basically double build times though (assuming most people
want both an .a/.lib and .so/.dll - I'm not sure how true that is
though).

-Jack