[Botan-devel] RSA with EMSA3 padding

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Mon Dec 1 16:28:17 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 09:52:44AM +0100, Rickard Bondesson wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> The padding works great and can be verified by OpenSSL.
>
> The signature generated by EMSA3_Raw is now equal to:
> openssl rsautl -in text.msg -out text.sig2 -inkey /home/rickard/.softHSM/081126111112067459.pem -sign

Hi Rickard,

I was not able to find a third party test vector, so the only one
included in the test suite is a value I hand-constructed using
Crypto++. Glad to hear that it actually is working interoperably.

By the way, I am curious about your software HSM project. Will
this be a commercial or open source work? In either case, if
you reach a point where you are going to publish it please let
me know, it would be great to add to the list of users at
http://botan.randombit.net/users.html