[Botan-devel] Botan 64-bit on Solaris

Rickard Bondesson Rickard.Bondesson at iis.se
Mon Dec 22 06:38:13 EST 2008

> A segmentation fault occuring inside __cxa_throw strongly
> suggests that the exception handling mechanism itself became
> corrupted somehow.

I can not figure out why I am getting a segmentation fault when creating a RSA private key. Everything is ok in 32-bit mode, but with 64-bit it segfaults.

Another strange thing is that the 32-bit does not throw an error, but the 64-bit wants to throw an error but segfaults in the exception handling mechanism. The code is the same except for the "-m64"-flag when compiling.

Any suggestions on where to look?
The 64-bit exception handling might be faulty?
But why are not an exception thrown in 32-bit mode?

The prime1, prime2, pubExp, privExp, and modulus are stored and loaded from the database.
The BigInts are created with BigInt(const byte buf[], u32bit length, Base base=Binary)
And stored with the aid of the command: binary_encode(byte buf[])
Using the AutoSeeded_RNG *rng = new AutoSeeded_RNG() to verify the key.

> (You are running this code in a try/catch block, I assume?)

Yes

// Rickard