[Botan-devel] Botan in Eclipse?

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Sat Dec 27 13:04:05 EST 2008

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 03:14:42AM -0500, Z. S. O. wrote:
> Hey everyone, I'm using Eclipse as my IDE on Mac OS X and was wondering if
> anyone could help me set it up to use the Botan. The build process created
> two files -- libbotan-1.8.0.dylib and libbotan.a -- and I'm guessing I need
> to use both. Other than writing #include <botan/botan.h>" in the cpp file,
> what project preferences need to be changed? Do I make a library search
> path? Thanks.

Hi,

I have no experience with Eclipse, so I may be leading you astray here
but AFAIK you will only need one of the libraries (the shared object
dylib or the static .a archive library). If the libraries are
installed into a directory normally searched by Eclipse (on Unix
systems these are directories like /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib - this
probably is different on MacOS X though) then there is no need to set
an explicit search path.

You'll also need to make sure the header files are installed into a
place Eclispse will search - /usr/include and /usr/local/include are
the normal search paths, though again these may well be different on
OS X versus a regular Unix system.