[Botan-devel] Botan 64-bit on Solaris

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Sat Dec 27 13:10:52 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 04:55:37PM +0100, Rickard Bondesson wrote:

> > But in 64-bit mode they are 32 bytes in length.
> > If I generate a 768-bit RSA key, shouldn't p and q have a
> > length of 48 bytes?
>
> The problem had to do with reusage of an old BigInt variable.

Hi Rickard,

Sorry about the delay in reply, I was moving and things were very
chaotic. Did you track down a specific place in the source where this
reuse of a variable triggered a problem?

TBH this sounds a lot like a compiler bug - have you tried compiling
the 64-bit version with all optimizations disabled? Also, is the test
suite passing? Sorry, I have a feeling I've asked this before but in
the intervening week+ I've been pretty distracted.

How are you checking the length of the p/q variables? Certainly
a 768 bit RSA key should have 48 byte p/q values in all cases.