[Botan-devel] Botan library on Solaris 10

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Wed Jul 2 08:50:47 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 11:44:42AM +0200, Johann wrote:

> I'm trying to build Botan on Solaris 10 (8/07) with Sun Studio 12. I get the
> following link errors:

> EVP_aes_192_cbc                     ../../src/.libs/libssh2.so
>
> EVP_aes_256_cbc                     ../../src/.libs/libssh2.so

Hi Johann,

I'll have to admit I'm a little confused as to what is going on here.
What is libssh2? The one from http://www.libssh2.org/? Why is that
being linked in at all? The EVP_aes_NNN_cbc functions come from
OpenSSL - it is entirely possible Botan is using those functions,
since the OpenSSL module does use them to provide alternative
implementations of AES. However, I don't understand how ssh2 is
coming in.

Can you provide the exact line you provided to configure.pl, along
with the output?

Thanks,