[Botan-devel] S2K::new_random_salt

Joel Low joel at joelsplace.sg
Sat Jul 12 06:30:33 EDT 2008

Hello all,

If you all remember, the old prototype for new_random_salt simply took a length argument. Now that the global RNG has been removed, it has been replaced with one that takes an RNG object. Thing is, would it not be good to have an overload which just uses the old behaviour (ie create a new RangomeNumberGenerator object and immediately delete it when done?) and just takes one argument (length?) I’m not too sure if I remember if this was discussed before; if it has, my apologies – please point me in the right direction.

Regards,

Joel