[Botan-devel] InSiTo project

Falko Strenzke strenzke at flexsecure.de
Mon Jun 30 11:48:56 EDT 2008

Hello,

hereby I want to inform you about the InSiTo project
(http://www.flexsecure.eu/insito/index.html). In this project,
FlexSecure GmbH, domiciled in Darmstadt, Germany, in corporation with
the Technical University of Darmstadt, created a cryptographic library
based on Botan. Please refer to the web page for details.

The changes encompass the implementation of further cryptographic
schemes (mostly two new PRNGs and EC-based cryptography), some API
changes (mostly due to the consistent use of smartpointers everywhere),
and the implementation of a rather unusual type of certificates (a
certain type of card verifiable certificates for passports). Jack Lloyd
and us agreed on merging some of these changes into the main release of
Botan, and some (like the smart pointer modifications) into a special
branch. The basic goal is to make the InSiTo library, as it was created
in our project, a special version of Botan (while some features will be
part of the standard release, however). This will take a while, so in
the meantime, FlexSecure will provide a the possibility to download the
InSiTo library from the above webpage.

In the course of the project, we also created doxygen source code
documentation for most of the new features. An architectural overview
will also follow, and probably the source code documentation will be
expanded.

Falko

--
Dipl.-Phys.