[Botan-devel] Re: [Monotone-devel] botan 1.7.3

Markus Schiltknecht markus at bluegap.ch
Fri Mar 14 04:29:22 EDT 2008

Hello Jack,

Jack Lloyd wrote:
> Problem: Visual Studio (and I think other Windows compilers) will
> accept a bare 64-bit constant, but don't understand a LL/ULL suffix,
> and will halt the compile. So the needed thing is something like
>
> #if __GNUG__
>   #define LL64(x) x#ULL
> #else
>   #define LL64(x)
> #endif
> [...]
> LL64(0x0123456789ABCDEF)
>
> Which I do find really quite ugly.

Understood.

> My tendency on this is to use -fpermissive and wait out GCC (since
> they have to fix this for C++0x, which like C99 says constants that
> fit in a long long or unsigned long long are fine).

Hm.. yeah, I've set that flag for all 3rd party libraries now.

> (Overall I would prefer if Monotone's in-tree version of Botan was as
> close to n.r.b (or n.r.b.s) as possible since it makes my life easier
> re patching)

I full heartedly agree.

> Your key is now in the randombit.net db + write-permissions - please
> consider this as write-after-approval access, though.

Cool, thanks. I've just subscribed to the mailing lists as well and will
post possible patches there. However, I don't think I'm going to do lots
of botan hacking - there's enough to do for monotone. :-)

> Have to restart the server to add a key = not ideal :(

Where did you get that impression from?

Markus