[Botan-devel] botan 1.8.0 release schedule. 1.7.22 is 1.8.0 RC1

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Tue Nov 18 21:12:58 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 04:48:06PM +0800, Joel Low wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm not sure of the necessary implementation details offhand, but IIRC
> MSVC 2008 >= SP1 includes C++0x TR1 standard library by default. Will it
> be possible to autodetect it and enable the ECDSA stuff automatically? I
> could be of assistance, where needed.

It certainly seems possible. Currently configure.pl is not too smart
about compiler versions.

Long term, I could see adding two pieces of knowledge about each
compiler, how to execute it to get the version info and a regex
that would extract it, say for gcc

version_command "-v"
version_regexp "^gcc version ([^ ]+) "

and then add some ability to set options based on that. This would be
useful for compilers like Intel C++, too, which change their CPU
optimization flags seemingly with every release. However that is
probably not on the table for 1.8.0.

If you can come up with a patch that handles it without affecting
other compilers/builds, I'll apply it for 1.7.23. TBH though it
doesn't seem like _that_ much work to add --with-tr1=system to the
build invocation.