[Botan-devel] RSA with EMSA3 padding

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Fri Nov 28 08:34:21 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 04:13:18PM +0100, Rickard Bondesson wrote:

> I am trying to sign data with RSA and I am using PK_Signer for this
> task. It works well if I also want to hash the data that I get. Is
> there a way of using PK_Signer with EMSA3 padding but no hash
> function?

Hi Richard,

Sorry about the delay, Thanksgiving here the US was occupying me.

Is the reason you want to do this to support some custom hash
function? I don't quite understand the problem.

One wrinkle is that EMSA3 padding includes a hash identifier -
it's not clear to me what hash id EMSA3 should include in the
case of no hash at all.