[Botan-devel] RSA with EMSA3 padding

Rickard Bondesson Rickard.Bondesson at iis.se
Fri Nov 28 10:41:24 EST 2008

No, that is not right. EME_PKCS1v15 if for encrypting with RSA, block type 2. I would like block type 1.

This page:
http://www.frogmouth.net/qca/apidocs/html/namespaceQCA.html#c368775aaad8054778f4199999f49ca6
have something called EMSA3 Raw. That is what I would like to use.

The padding should look like this:
0x00 0x01 0xff ... 0xff 0x00 hash/data
Which is what is used in the EMSA3 class in Botan.

I could do my own padding function, but is it possible to have the EMSA3 Raw functionality?

// Rickard