[Botan-devel] build questions

Markus Wanner markus at bluegap.ch
Wed Oct 1 13:34:16 EDT 2008

Hi,

as you might have read, I've just started a branch of monotone to use a
system provided botan library. During playing around with various botan
versions back to 1.7.8 I've come across two issues:

'make install' doesn't seem to copy build.h into /usr/include/build.h
(and yes, I've run configure.pl --prefix=/usr)  If that's intentional,
where else am I supposed to find the VERSION macros?

Building the newest head failed with "integer constant is too large for
‘long’ type" (again). I've discovered the following line just before
countless of the "too large" errors:

cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors

Looking at the Makefile, the CFLAGS included an -Werror !?!  Ripping
that out helped and let botan build cleanly. (On debian lenny, that is).

Regards

Markus Wanner