[Botan-devel] [Monotone-devel] get_cipher change, 1.8 roadmap [was: library build]

Zack Weinberg zackw at panix.com
Thu Oct 2 12:36:05 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Jack Lloyd <lloyd at randombit.net> wrote:
> Yes I should make it clear generally that 1.7 is completely unstable,
> basically the only limits to what might change are what I might decide
> to do (limited only by time/energy/imagination) or whatever patches
> people might send me. Hopefully any such changes are improvements, of
> course, though who can say.

Thinking about the use-of-system-libraries project, how nuts would we
be to drop back to 1.6.latest API and libraries for the duration (i.e.
until 1.8.0 is out)?  It seems unwise to be trying to use
system-provided libraries and *at the same time* trying to use the
very latest development version of botan, but if 1.6 is just not going
to hack it, perhaps that's where we are...


More information about the botan-devel mailing list