[Botan-devel] GFpElement multiply bug in 1.7.15

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Fri Oct 10 09:33:42 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 10:30:16AM -0400, Jack Lloyd wrote:

> ECDSA - these show that the GF(p) multiplication in 1.7.16 has at
> least one bug, so I would advise caution using ECDSA.

It appears that this bug is 64-bit specific. So far I have only been
able to reproduce it in x86-64 builds, not 32-bit x86. Any help is
appreciated. Currently I suspect inner_montg_mult_sos in
math/gfpmath/gfp_element.cpp, but I don't see where it is going wrong
(or if in fact it is just tickling a bug in the x86-64 asm, or if the
bug is somewhere else completely).