[Botan-devel] Modularisation and other changes

Joel Low joel at joelsplace.sg
Tue Sep 30 23:29:26 EDT 2008

Hello,

I've just updated my sources to be 1.7.15, and I've noted a few things.

*         Dependency of TR1. Under Windows VC doesn't have it (well,
they do, but you must own VC2008 standard++, and I don't J), and I think
I will have to use the Boost TR1 library. Perhaps this can be noted?

o   Botan\vc\build\include\botan/gfp_element.h(17) : fatal error C1083:
Cannot open include file: 'tr1/memory': No such file or directory

*         __declspec(dllexport). I wrote the changes for the classes to
build dynamically under Windows, and in build.h there's these few lines

#ifndef BOTAN_DLL

  #define BOTAN_DLL __declspec(dllexport)

#endif

o   I reckon it should be Import not Export because build.h is always
included. During a library usage (ie when #include <botan/botan.h>) the
compiler assumes that we're BUILDING Botan and not using it, so declares
all classes dllexport. This, of course will result in a linker error.

Just a few observations.

Regards,

Joel