[Botan-devel] Sending raw, unencoded data over a network

Z. S. O. tiredashell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 10:50:45 EDT 2009

I'm making a program that encrypts something using Botan and sends it
somewhere over UDP. The problem is that, if the encrypted data is not
encoded in something like Base64, the recipient won't always get all the
data. My theory is that sometimes there is a null byte in the encrypted
data, so when the recipient tries to copy it to a char array it gets cut off
early. Encoding the encrypted data in Base64 solves the problem, but it
dramatically increases the size of the data so I don't prefer it. Is there a
solution to this?