[Botan-devel] SQLite3 encryption codec with Botan

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Tue Apr 14 11:44:31 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 01:31:58AM -0400, Jack Lloyd wrote:

> If you would like to have a try at writing XTS before I have a chance,
> I did find there is an implementation in libtomcrypt 1.17. I have no
> idea if it is correct, but the IEEE P1619 website lists it as a
> reference implementation, which sounds promising.

I should have mentioned that there being an existing implementation is
important because the IEEE spec itself must be purchased (I haven't
bothered checking how much it costs, as I'm sure it is a ludicrous
sum), and the NIST publications on XTS unfortunately do not actually
describe XTS but merely refer to the IEEE specs.

But, fortunately, I just found a PDF copy of one of the later P1619
drafts which should help things along. The magic words for Google are
'IEEE P1619 D11', for those playing along at home.